1. Under the Tory Mayor London fares have become the most expensive in the world.
2. The cost of a single bus journey has increased by 56% under Boris Johnson.
3. A Zone 1-6 travelcard is now £440 a year more expensive.
4. His plan to close ticket offices and cut staff will make commuting more difficult and less safe.
5. And by doing it, he’s breaking his election manifesto promise to keep a ticket office open at every station.
6. This Fact Check from Channel 4 revealed that Boris’s claim to be recruiting 5,000 constables over the next 3 years was all bluster. In fact, London has lost 2,241 officers since November 2009, or an average of 70 cops from every borough under Boris.
7. Really, the highest peak in police numbers in 2009 was a hangover from Ken Livingstone.
8. Lambeth has been hit disproportionately hard by Boris’s police cuts – as of January this year, we’ve lost 278 police officers since 2010.
9. Boris has closed 10 fire stations, axed 14 fire engines and cut 552 firefighter’s jobs. We fought and won our campaign to keep Clapham Fire Station open, but it wasn’t without a battle. Many others across London have been shut down, increasing response times and making residents far less safe.
10. Women, Boris thinks you only go to university to find a husband. Enough said.